Monday, December 19, 2011

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care



The socks are done...
the grands are coming so I 
thought up putting a plastic pocket 
so that whoever happens to come will have
their own stocking
working on getting the pictures in there












Mom & Madeline's
Christmas Eve
birthday presents




per Annie's request
as a child she loved mom's train set and asked  
for  it set up for her kids to see
I was able to make it work
she's right the grands are going to love this


isn't it funny the things they remember as kids
those special christmas memories...








brother tony and i went to see dad in 
~florida~



i am loving that place...



sort of a spur of the moment
let's show dad we love him
and sorry we can't be there on christmas day
sort of trip

got home to computer not working
 the router got fried when the hubs turned on 
all the lights 
inside and out 
to show a buddy he is 
~mr. christmas~
power surge

then i got a cold/flu thing
the hubs is just getting over it
this is day 2 for me and he is still sick on day 7

son helped us get new router hooked up today
yahhh... we are up and running
why is it they move out when you need them the most?

we have a baby due any day... 
already one false alarm
we will find out more on tuesday about his arrival
&
we have a daughter and 2 grandbabies coming thursday from across the country...



my arms ache to hold them...


my sister and family are coming on friday to spend the weekend


mom and brothers family
joining us all on Saturday

I wonder if we will have snow like a few years ago
so far they say no
but....
you never know up here in the
~northwest~

and that little guy in the middle is having a
birthday celebration on wednesday
i am so excited for it all
the crazier the better
all my shopping and decorating is done
i was going to spend this week
enjoying the christmas season

but i'm too sick to get off the couch

so i am doing nothing
laying here doing nothing
enjoying my holiday decorating
and it's driving me crazy

the calm before the storm
wish me luck
 I wsh you all a very
merry christmas

leaving you with one of my favorite pictures
taken on Christmas morning a few years ago
we love snow

4 comments:

  1. You are going to have so much fun with the grands. Beautiful room with a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry that you and your husband have been ill in the work-up to Christmas. I hope you feel better soon. I can't believe all that you've been able to do with your hectic schedule. Good luck with all the preparations....and then I hope you'll be able to just flop down on that wonderful sofa and let the action happen around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better fast. But, what a gorgeous view from that couch in the den. Enjoy your quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you sure have been through a whirlwind the past month or so. I hope you are finally all recouped.

    ReplyDelete