Monday, September 27, 2010

Addiction to Magazines

Date night for the Hubs & I
is
~Borders~


I go to the magazine rack and grab all the
latest issues of all things decorating
 he grabs a book
we meet upstairs...

I get a latte ....

He gets coffee.. black


We stay until the place closes
What can I say
I'm a cheap date


Most of the time I don't buy a magazine unless it has
so many perfect rooms in it that I have to
take it home and dream
Well as it turns out I was taking home too many ...
as this article reads I also needed a
~clean slate~
I found a lot of this magazine
and this one..

This is a favorite blogger of mine
from Velvet & Linen
 can you imagine your home being on the cover?
WOW
So I went through all my baskets
under the counter where I keep my newly acquired magazines
that need to be read again and ...
~whoa~
 I had too many

I fear this is an addiction
Does anyone else have this problem?

I started organizing them
 got out all the magazines
from everywhere in the house
I was overwhelmed...

I loved some of these, wanted them near me
I couldn't throw any away
~I tried~

So I got  magazine holders
that would have them sitting all pretty
and upright in one place
so that at any given moment
~I could dream away~


Here are some of my favorites






I still have the magazine that holds my all time favorite Kitchen
~Designer Kitchens & Bath book V11~


I love this one so much I have to say it again






This is the magazine that made me recogonize
what my favorite style is
I loved this one so much that I tried to subscribe
It was hard to find out anything about this magazine
I finally figured it out, it was a Better Homes brand so I emailed them
they said you can't subscribe and it only comes out
twice a year..grrrrrrr

This whole piling up of magazines around my home
could be solved in the next few years though..
I guess so many shelter mags are on their way out
paired down to a few they say...
The online mags are going to be the
future
or

I have looked at these and liked but not
~loved~
like my favorites that I can touch and feel and drool all over
and could never be able to
~toss~

The other day I read Joni's blog

Cote de Texas
She is an amzaing teacher
of all things design
she had a post on
~magazines~
where there was lots of research done
and beautiful pictures that kept me
~captivated~
check it out if you have the time
it's a great read


I appreciate online mags, I just happen to be one that
takes forever to jump into this 21st century
full of all things techie..
Besides what would happen to
~date night~



10 comments:

  1. Your date night sounds a lot like ours - and I love it. I too have been weeding through my old magazines - I take the photos that I find the most inspiring out and then pass them along to others who will enjoy them. There really is SO much inspiration out there!
    Have a fabulous week - it looks like it will be nice at the end of it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo, that is how the candles came about for me Kathy:) I used to have the same problem, and then I decided the counter top was becoming a problem area. So the mags moved to the stand by my chair. It has 2 drawers, when I have difficulty closing one, I must weed thru them. If the mag doesn't have a ton of good articles/pics, I cut out what I want to save, that goes in a notebook. If it is a keeper, then it goes back into the drawer. I gave a friend a bunch of my discards a while back, she was ecstatic(she referred to us as magazine hoes-but not the garden variety), oh well. The rest, I recycle. I too had a coffee on my date, tried that Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, I LIKED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I never knew you were a mag junkie!~ I love mags too, but not like that. Mmmmm. starbucks has the best pumpkin spice Latte....I may stop and get one tomorrow. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, stand in front of the mirror and repeat these words, "I am a magazine junky". Now don't you feel better? I have quite a few of those mags. but I do thin them out about every three months. Yes you are a cheap date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have the solution... you should just give all of your extras to me! I'm poor and don't buy magazines... so I would happily take your hand me downs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Miss Merry and I am an addict. Or maybe a hoarder? I have every issue of Taste of Home and Country Woman (back when it was a folder, not even a magazine, until 2 years ago. I had to quit cold turkey. No more subscriptions. But I still have the old copies and can't part with them. And every issue of Mary Englebreit's magazine,too. And then there are my decorating magazines. I have tried to "save articles", but I want the whole thing? Let me know if you hear about a rehab place, preferably in a sunny place with cabanas, a chaise and someone that serves tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your collection is FABULOUS!! Looks very organized and beautiful. I am particularly impressed by the little notes you've stuck in each magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learn so much about you Kate!! My problem is my hub's boating magazines all over the place!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'd like to come over to your house for coffee so I can dig through your archives. :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog - I am flattered.
    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved this post - so many great mags - esp. the country french one. love those!!!

    thanks so much for mentioning me. very very much appreciated.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete