Sunday, November 15, 2009

Matthew was here for the weekend!

The kids just left and we are exhausted.  I woke at 4:30 this morning, my jet-lag is getting better.  Or maybe I just was so excited have the baby this weekend that I wasn't tired, in any case we had an action packed weekend of eating/shopping/playing and napping.

Matthew is so good to be around.  He just loves to sit and play or read.  He can take about 10 steps by himself and is so close to giving up the whole crawling thing.  He eats so good and everything we eat.  I had a pot roast on Friday night when the kids got here and Matthew ate left overs on that all weekend long.  If you can believe this his favorite vegetable seemed to be the onions!  He loves feeding the dogs.  One for Matthew 2 for the dogs.  They sat under his highchair all weekend long.  This is the first time I got to use the new highchair and it's perfect.  I can't imagine life without it.

Melanie and I took off for a few hours to do some Christmas shopping to a new baby boutique in Gig Harbor at the uptown center.  It is called Possum and it replaced the  pretty little "Hush Baby".  Sorry to hear they went out of business but this place carries more stuff and prices are somewhat cheaper.  Got a lady bug night light for Mattie and one for Matthew from Grandma Gee Gee.

Melanie cut my hair and styled it with a straight iron, it has never been so straight.  I love the change, Gary not so much.  We also worked on putting some Christmas material around my chandelier lampshades...they look great.  She is taking the rest home to finish.  I can't wait to see the finished result, I'm sure they will look great.

Going to bed now, Spanky is already asleep he had such a busy weekend keeping Violet and Puppy in line.  Actually the 3 dogs did real well together for their first time.  Great weekend.  I am so lucky they like coming down.

6 comments: