Sunday, November 8, 2009

We made it home in style, thanks Waebers & Dad!

Thursday morning at 3:00 a.m. Gary's fever broke and his coughing started producing!!!!  He had gotten a couple of hours of sleep.  This was great news.  I had been so concerned that  Thursday morning I was going to take him to the hospital instead of getting on the plane if he wasn't better.  Now this cough was able to be controlled with cough syrup.  We could get on the plane and not get kicked off.

Same exact  routine from trying to get a seat Tuesday at the airport, same chocolate filled crossiants, same amazement at watching huge steins full of beer being drank at 9:00 a.m., same duty free store, but this time we got on and we got in first class!!!!!!.  We were thrilled.  Usually we will wait for a flight that we know has first class available but this time it didn't matter, Gary was just ready to get home and we were going to go no matter what.

We saw the 3A & 3B on our seat assignments and almost started to cry, really it was such a wonderful gift, we were skipping down the breezeway.  Business Class on Delta is heaven. A ten hour flight is bearable with seats that lay all the way down, the best food, seriously fantastic filet mignon and 1st thing when you walk on they give you mimosa's.  As many movies as you can watch and as much liquor as you can drink can make 10 hours actually go by fast.

 Did I mention how much we love our friends Jim & Elaine who gave us these buddy passes?  I will not be letting anyone meet them, they are our friends and only our friends....they don't need any new friends.  We met them at a motorhome park in Coeur d'Alene one year while we were there for the street fair where  Rich & Susan were selling their jewelry.  The Waebers had the same motorhome as us and Jim stopped by to see if we liked ours.  We are so lucky to have them as friends and not just because we have been able to go see our granddaughter several times first class, but because they are truly wonderful people.  How lucky we were to have had that motorhome.

We got to Atlanta and the next flight was full so we waited until 9:30 pm Atlanta time that put us in at 12:30 a.m. Seattle time.  Dad had left the car at the shuttle place for me that day with a full tank of gas and had it, we wondered, what had we done to deserve that, did he miss us that much?  What a perfect way to end the trip, thanks Dad.

 We got into bed, our bed, our wonderful, big, soft bed at 2:00 a.m. (which was 11:00 a.m. the following day German time) we had been up almost 30 hours and gone almost 30 days.  But traveling first class, getting into a warm, clean car full of gas, and getting into that bed made it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment